So...I've been gone for just shy of forever. It became very obvious to me that before I start posting like I used to, I should probably find out what has been going on with everyone this past year. So, without further ado, I present
THE QUESTIONNAIRE OF DOOM!!!!!!
I will put my answers in parentheses, but in the comment section, I would like you all to answer for yourselves. I know it's just a start, but I've been gone for so long we can't possibly cover everything in one post! =3
1. How old did you turn on your last birthday? What grade/year of high school/college are you in this school year? (I turned 15 back in March, and I'm a sophomore in high school this year.)
2. What did you do over this past summer? (I went to Outer Banks, NC with my mom and brother, went up to Northern Virginia to visit my boyfriend, spent 12 days living on the campus of UVA for a gifted learning camp [my favorite part of summer!], moved, and did some writing.)
3. If you are a writer, what project/goal are you currently working on? Are you working on more than one thing? (I'm working on three things at once. My original novel is finished but still needs a little editing, I have a trilogy started, and I also started another standalone novel. Lots of work but very worth it!!)
4. How is the YCF doing? If you are a new member, tell me a little about yourself! I'd love to get to know you! (I can't answer this question for myself...)
5. Read any good books lately? (I've been a little short on things to read lately. Recently read the Gemma Doyle Trilogy...good but a little strange. I read this book called Daughter of the Forest awhile back...that one is now on my favorites list. It's really, really great! Well written, excellent plot yet unpredictable. Props to the author of that one!)
6. What has God been doing in your life in the past year? (Well, I don't know how many of you I've told about the trouble I'd been having with my dad since my parents divorced, but God at last delivered me from that dark valley on December 5th, 2008. Almost a year later, I am so humbly happy to say that he has healed me up from a lot of that and I am now in a place where I'm starting to forgive him. Now that I don't have to focus primarily on just staying emotionally stable enough to live another day, I have been able to look at my life in a whole new way. With God's help, I have become a better person...I now take the expression "trial by fire" very literally. If you are in a hard time in your life, remember that God's ways are always better than ours and that we experience trials to refine our faith like gold! Coming out of this trial, I feel like someone who has been trapped in a cave all their life and is being led outside into the light for the first time--it's a little overwhelming, but it's so beautiful. I have been able to make new friends, get more involved in church, grow closer to the Lord, and devote more of myself to my family. Thank you Jesus for my freedom!!)
7. What is the best thing that has happened to you in the past year? (Aside from being granted my freedom, I met (summer '08) and fell in love with (summer '09) the most loving, caring, brilliant, selfless, pure young man on the face of the earth. [Okay, so I might be a little biased, but he is in my opinion =)] The Lord has really given me a blessing in my boyfriend. He has been really, really good to me and for me, and has done nothing but build me up, encourage me, and be there for me no matter what. I thank God for him every single day.)
8. What is the most interesting/insane thing you've done in the past year? (I climbed a 150 foot lighthouse!!!! It was breathtaking, and I'm not just talking about the 214 stairs!)
9. Anybody moved in the past year? Moved schools? Moved into a new house? Moved out of state? (I moved into a new house this past summer. I didn't move very far though, just 20 minutes or so. We moved the day after I got back from my twelve day camp at UVA. I have two words to describe that experience. Utter. Torture. Imagine getting home after being away for that long only to find out that you can't even sleep in your own bed! We made it through though, and the new house is great.)
10. What would be the first thing to pop into your head if I said, "Say something random!" (colored ink cartridges are headache-inducing!)
Well, there you have my questionnaire of doom! Enjoy!