Well, we had another meeting of The Writer's Guild on Tuesday, and had quite an interesting time editing a children's story that my friend is writing...but that is a tale for another day.
While in our meeting, we also discussed a few tips about writing in general. Here they are...
TO BECOME A WRITER:
1. Think of yourself as a writer--this one is first and foremost.
2. Write what you are passionate about! It will turn out much better when you write about that which you love.
3. Study--this one is self explanatory.
4. Practice! Write every day!!--Look, I know it's hard, but TRY! Take a few minutes out of your day and write anything, everything, whatever's on your mind!
5. Write at a regular place and at a regular time each day--whenever and wherever you feel most comfortable. For me, this is late at night up in the loft at my mom's house. When and where is your very favorite place to write?(that is, if you're a writer...)
6. Set a deadline for yourself--I tried to do this with the book I'm writing...I gave myself a year, beginning on my thirteenth birthday and ending on my fourteenth. Guess what? My fourteenth birthday is in about three weeks, and sadly...I won't be meeting my deadline. My lesson in telling you all that random stuff about it? Don't rush yourself too much! Be reasonable in setting your deadline.
7. Last but not least--Pick your subject and your audience...in other words, pick what you're writing about and who you're writing for.
Well, I hope those tips help the writers who see this...I know there are at least a few!
In other news, Kailani (sp?) has joined the Young Christian Force! Welcome, friend!!!
God go with you all,